“Good manners translate into valuable business relationships”
Understand the concepts of business etiquette and learn how to apply business etiquette rules in a wide variety of typical business situations.
Good manners can mean the difference between success and failure in many aspects of life. In today’s business environment, it is vitally important to be aware of business protocol, corporate courtesy and good business etiquette, whilst keeping the need to understand and appreciate cultural differences in mind. A lack of awareness of or appreciation for social and corporate etiquette can undermine effective working relationships, as it may be construed as rudeness, disrespect or an intolerance of people of different cultures and persuasions. This interactive and dynamic course introduces participants to the features of Business, Social and Corporate Etiquette in the workplace, giving them an advantage in every business encounter.
After completing this course, participants will know how to:
- Create a professional image, follow cubicle and office etiquette, and maintain positive office relationships.
- Use the Internet appropriately when at work and handle ethical dilemmas and personal issues in the workplace.
- Apply business ethics in the workplace
- Introduce people properly, be a good conversationalist, and follow proper etiquette in meetings.
- Display courtesy on the telephone, in voice mails, and in written communications.
- Follow proper etiquette at business functions and dinners, and identify formal table settings for business dining.
- Be a courteous traveler and prepare for international business trips.